18. New vedic ritual from Agni and also the Avestic ritual out-of Atar was in fact similar. Brand new Hindu Gods and you will Goddesses such as Indra and you may Bhadrika wind up as Ahura Mazda and you can Mithra. Inside the Asia devas came into this world stronger than the asuras and second word sooner or later obtained the meaning of an excellent demon. Inside the Iran the opposite occurred and also the daevas was indeed denounced since demons from the Zoroaster.
It nonetheless survive as such in the divs from Persian foklore, specifically regardless if Ferdowsi’s unbelievable Shah Nameh)
19. Vedic and you will Persian religions (each other Aryan) mingled in the Gandhar, in which stood the Indian town entitled Taxila by Greek. From the age Darius (sixth century BC), one particular subdued of the cult got evolved into what was later called Zoroastrianism – a beneficial dualist faith accounting toward problem of worst when it comes out of endeavor of a good having a wicked jesus. To this day, you can find close parallels on the Persian festival of Nowruz (Iranian New-year) in addition to well-known of the Parsis in India and you can Holi because they are both centered toward flames.
During the Vedic several months, gods was split up into a couple of kinds the new devas additionally the asuras (In Iranian daevas and you may ahuras)
20. The brand new Indo-Iranian element in after Hinduism is actually chiefly found in the initiatory ceremony (upanayana) performed of the males, an effective rite both in Hinduism plus Zoroastrianism which involves the newest attaching from a good sacred wire. The fresh Vedic jesus Varuna, today an unimportant water god looks about Rigveda as the revealing of a lot features of this new Zoroastrian Ahura-mazda (« Wise Lord »); the newest hallucinogenic sacred drink soma corresponds to the fresh new sacred haoma off Zoroastrianism. Varuna was called an Asura, a phrase in addition to applied to decreased gods, which in after Hinduism came to indicate a course out of demons, but which in Persia was adopted by Zarathustra with its regional setting included in the term of your own high god out of light – Ahura mazda. Varuna may have been the new large jesus of the Indo-Iranians until the two peoples divided. Varuna was first and foremost a master, an emperor resting from inside the a good palace from inside the heavens tend to that have associated gods as much as him. Most significant of these was Mitra, a jesus with many solar properties. He was represented throughout the Zoroastrian pantheon and you can was also generally worshipped regarding Roman Empire under the Greco-Iranian identity Mithras.
21. The Iranian Surya (sun-god) wearing a lengthy finish which have an excellent sacred girdle and leg-higher footwear is worshipped because of the Indian kings. He previously an alternative label Mundirasvami plus the term Mundira is actually used in old Iranian messages out-of Khotan. The new Modhera forehead within the Gujarat and Munirka town in the Delhi remind of one’s identity Mundira. Sunlight God at Konarak, Orissa is known in the Iranian drapery and you may sneakers. This new royal priests of regal surya was basically out of Iranian origin instance SakadvipiyaBrahmanas, or Mishra (where th of AvestaMithra became sh).
22. Both Vedas and you may Gathas have no location for idols or temples. Both enjoin the maintenance away from flame and performance out-of lose (Sanskrit yajna and you can Avesticyasna). Their priests has actually prominent obligations and you can names.
23. New four varnas (classification out-of people) out of India set up regarding very early Aryan class departments. Specific stratification lived in lots of Indo-Eu communities. Ancient Iran got five pistras (classes), similar in some areas to those in India. The four-fold class regarding people to the priests, warriors, peasants and you may performers looks regarding Vedas, new Gathas and you may Yasna and Ferdowsi’s Shah Nameh (hence mentions the designations because the Amuzian, Nisarian, Nasudi and you can Ahnukishi.
24. The computer regarding four yugas (ages) is just as the doctrine out of four ages you to existed inside old Persia. The machine has also been common inside the old Greece. The new Iranians, such as the Indians, believed that the country was divided into seven countries or karshvar (keshvar inside the modern Persian, which means that nation).